Let's say you ...
How can the Research Committee help?
EFAT's members can benefit from research consultation by contacting the Research Comittee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our priorities are to create access to research for EFAT members, to create skills and interest in doing research, and to provide the methodological and ethical know how needed for members to undertake projects so as ultimately to further develop the Art Therapy profession across Europe.
The Research Committee supports the development of high-quality art therapy research. This is done through engaging members in high standards of ethical and quality research practice and by developing a supportive and inspiring research culture fostered by international collaboration. We aim to provide European Art Therapy research strategic direction through responding to empirical evidence for policymakers, and thereby contribute to the improvement of the position of art therapists in their professional environments.
EFAT's Research Committee aims to contribute strategically and substantially to the evidence base for art therapy in order to promote the recognition of Art Therapy in all European countries. We aim:
- to support ethical standards for researchers in art therapy
- to promote diverse methodological approaches to art therapy research
- to promote and initiate international research collaborations
- to promote research through supporting publications in peer reviewed journals
- to promote research findings through translation into the English language
Who we are: